Crop on The Cape Policies
We offer refunds for registration and classes based on the schedule below. We have deadlines and costs that are pre-paid to the venue and other parties that are non-refundable to us. You are also welcome to make arrangements to give or sell your registration or class tickets to a friend. If you are going to transfer your registration, please follow the guidelines below and be sure to email us those details.
All refunds will be in the form of a store credit to shurkus.com/shop. The store credit can be used towards future registrations, products or any other offerings in the shop.
- Refunds that are requested before 11:59 PM EST on December 31, 2023
A $25 administrative fee and the payment transaction fee will be deducted*. The refund will be in the form of store credit.
- Refunds that are requested between 12:00 AM EST January 1, 2024, and 11:59 PM EST February 16, 2024
50% refund of your registration minus the payment transaction fee*. The refund will be in the form of store credit.
- No refunds are offered after 12:00 AM EST on February 17, 2024
- No refunds or exchanges after 11:59 PM EST on January 31, 2024
If Crop on the Cape is canceled due to fires, floods, accidents, strikes, earthquakes, pandemics, epidemics, or other causes beyond our control, we reserve the right to hold your registration fee/fees until the next Crop on the Cape event takes place.
* Crop on The Cape processes payments (registration and class fees) through PayPal, Inc. and Stripe. These payment processing companies no longer refund the transaction fee they charge sellers. Crop on the Cape will now deduct this transaction fee from any refund.
Note: Transaction fees vary. Fees for funds coming from outside the USA are higher.
For more information on PayPal’s refunds and transaction fees please see, https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/legalhub-full
Transferring an event registration or class ticket to someone else:
- Let us know the details of this switch no later than March 1, 2024
- We cannot change your seating request. The seat we’ve assigned you will be the seat given to the person to whom you sold or gave your registration.
We will only accept one registration per person. You may register yourself and each of your friends if you choose, but each individual attendee is only allowed ONE seat at the event. For example, if you purchase two or more seats to create your own phantom seating, we will be forced to cancel the extra seat(s). As we stated in our FAQ, our goal is to allow as many people to attend and experience the event as possible.
Please remember the crop/ballroom room and classroom space are ONLY for registered attendees. No family, friends, or children may stay for extended periods of time.
If you would like to visit our vendors and shop, be sure to stop by the registration desk to say “hello”. Most vendors are open Thursday 6-10p, Friday/Saturday 9a-10p and Sunday 9a-12p. See a list of vendors here.